Misson & Objectives
The mission of the Randolph County Public Library is to provide for the informational and reading needs of the citizens at library sites, through remote access, through community outreach, and to patrons who are homebound or in care facilities.
General Library Objectives of the Randolph Public Library
Asheboro, North Carolina
The general library objectives of the Randolph Public Library shall be:
- To assemble, preserve and administer, in organized collections, books and related educational and recreational material in order to promote, through guidance and stimulation, the communication of ideas, an enlightened citizenship and enriched personal lives.
- To serve the community as a center of reliable information.
- To provide a place where inquiring minds may encounter the original, sometimes unorthodox and critical ideas so necessary as correctives and stimulants in a society that depends for its survival on free competition of ideas.
- To support educational, civic and cultural activities of groups and organizations.
- To provide opportunity and encouragement for children, young people, men and women to educate themselves continuously.
- To seek continually to identify community needs, to provide programs of service to meet such needs, and to cooperate with other organizations, agencies and institutions which can provide programs or services to meet community needs.
- To provide opportunity for recreation through the use of literature, music, films and other art forms.
Minutes, September, 1963.